Mrs. Quarrington as St. Agnes
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 × 14 3/4 inches (49.2 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 15 7/8 × 11 1/4 inches (40.3 × 28.6 cm), Image: 13 1/2 × 10 3/4 inches (34.3 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "proff | [IV] 206 | MRS QUARRINGTON AS ST. AGNES"
Lettered, lower left: "Sr. Joshua Reynolds Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "T.Chambers Scult."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lamb | portrait | praying | quill | religious and mythological subject | saint | sash | woman
- Associated People:
- Mrs Quarrington (fl. 1771), actor/entertainer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Mrs. Quarrington as St. Agnes, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.