- Prince Charles, 2nd Duke of Richmond, Lenox and Aubigny
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 × 9 3/4 inches (35.2 × 24.8 cm) and Image: 12 5/8 × 9 3/4 inches (32.1 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.285"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "N13177"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "76"
Lettered, lower left: "Willm. Smith ad [vivum] Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J.M.Ardell fecit | Price 2s. 6d."; lettered, lower center: "The most Noble PRINCE CHARLES DUKE of RICHMOND LENOX, and AUBIGNY, &c.&c. | Who Died Augt.8th:1750.AEtat:49. | From an Original Picture Presented by His Grace to the Corporation of the CITY of CHICHESTER. | Publish'd by Geo.Smith, Painter at CHICHESTER."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Prince Charles, 2nd Duke of Richmond, Lenox and Aubigny, 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.