Sir Frank Short, 1857–1945, British, Victory Returning from Trafalgar, undated
Victory Returning from Trafalgar
- Watercolor, black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Image: 4 1/2 × 6 3/8 inches (11.4 × 16.2 cm) and Sheet: 7 × 10 inches (17.8 × 25.4 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "F. Short"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Daniel Bell
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | flags | launches | marine art | Masts and rigging | men-of-war | Napoleonic Wars (1803-1815) | pennants | rigging | sails | ships of the line | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.