Sir Frank Short, 1857–1945, British, Victory Returning from Trafalgar, undated
Victory Returning from Trafalgar
- Watercolor, black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 4 1/2 × 6 3/8 inches (11.4 × 16.2 cm) and 7 × 10 inches (17.8 × 25.4 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "F. Short"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Daniel Bell
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | flags | launches | marine art | Masts and rigging | men-of-war | Napoleonic Wars (1803-1815) | pennants | rigging | sails | ships of the line | waves (natural events)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.