- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 15 3/8 inches (53 × 39.1 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 14 inches (50.5 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 13/16 × 13 15/16 inches (47.8 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Dr Robertson"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.286"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinx"; lettered, lower right: "J.Disox fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament November 1st 1772 | Sold by J.Boydell Cheapside, J.Hooper Ludgate Hill [?] Bradford Fleet Street [Bursford] Bridge Street Westminster J Dixon Kempes Row opposite Renelagh Walk Chelsea"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | chair | curtain | historian | inkwell | man | paper | portrait | quills | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Robertson, William (1721–1793), cleric/religious official, academic/intellectual
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.