- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 15 3/8 inches (53 × 39.1 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 14 inches (50.5 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 13/16 × 13 15/16 inches (47.8 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Dr Robertson"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.286"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinx"; lettered, lower right: "J.Disox fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament November 1st 1772 | Sold by J.Boydell Cheapside, J.Hooper Ludgate Hill [?] Bradford Fleet Street [Bursford] Bridge Street Westminster J Dixon Kempes Row opposite Renelagh Walk Chelsea"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | chair | curtain | historian | inkwell | man | paper | portrait | quills | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Robertson, William (1721–1793), cleric/religious official, academic/intellectual
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.