Reverend Richard Robinson, Archibishop of Armagh
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 15 1/8 inches (53 × 38.4 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 14 inches (50.5 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 17 3/4 × 13 15/16 inches (45.1 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.287"
Lettered, lower left: "Sr.Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J.R.Smith Sculpt."; lettered, lower center: "THE MOST REV'D.RICH'D: ROBINSON, D:D: ARCHIBISHOP OF ARMAGH PRIMATE | AND METROPOLITAN OF ALL IRELAND. | Engraved from an Original Painting of Sr.: Joshua Reynolds in the possession | of Mrs: Montague to whoe this Plate is inscrib'd by her oblig'd and obedient Humble Servant, | John Raphael Smith. | Publish'd the 13th: of Sept. 1775 by J.R.Smith No.10 Batemans Buildings Soho Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | gloves | landscape | portrait | rock (landform) | sash | trees | tricorn hat
- Associated People:
- Robinson, Richard (1708-1794), Bishop
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Reverend Richard Robinson, Archibishop of Armagh, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.