Coast of Yorkshire
- Additional Title(s):
Coast of Yorkshire near Whitby
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 5/8 inches (28.9 × 42.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 3/8 inches (17.8 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "24. I "; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left" JM" | 24. I"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex G.E.Blood, & John Hippisley"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Engraved by W.Say Engraver to H.R.H. the Duke of Gloucester. | COAST OF YORKSHIRE. | near Whitby | Published Jany. 1 1811, by Mr. Turner Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | coast | meteorology | rocks (landforms) | science | sea | storm
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Coast of Yorkshire, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.