Coast of Yorkshire
- Additional Title(s):
Coast of Yorkshire near Whitby
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 5/8 inches (28.9 × 42.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 3/8 inches (17.8 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "24. I "; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left" JM" | 24. I"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex G.E.Blood, & John Hippisley"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Engraved by W.Say Engraver to H.R.H. the Duke of Gloucester. | COAST OF YORKSHIRE. | near Whitby | Published Jany. 1 1811, by Mr. Turner Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | coast | meteorology | rocks (landforms) | science | sea | storm
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Turner and the Sublime (British Museum, 1981-05-15 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-02-11 - 1981-04-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1980-11-01 - 1981-01-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]