Hind Head Hill
- Additional Title(s):
Hind Head Hill on the Portsmouth Road
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine-collé
- Sheet: 11 × 16 1/8 inches (27.9 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "17 | 12"; lower left: "25.I"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "334"; lower left: "25. I"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery 1824. ea G.E.Blood."
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image, center: "M"; below image, lower left: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. P.P."; lower center: "HIND HEAD HILL. | On the Portsmouth Road | Published Jany. 1. 1811, by Mr. Turner; Queen Ann street West."; lower right: "Engraved by Dunkarton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | sheep
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Hind Head Hill, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.