- Inverary Pier, Loch Fyne, Morning
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's proof (b)(touched) on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 12 3/8 inches (23.5 × 31.4 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 × 11 1/2 inches (21.6 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "15"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Mary Constance Clarke"
Collector's mark: Charles Stokes (Lugt 2758)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn, Etched, and Engraved by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | IVERARY PIER."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched and engraved by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Inverary Pier, Loch Fyne, Morning, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.