- Rispah: 2nd Book of Samuel, Chap. 21
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 16 7/8 inches (27.9 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Lettered above image "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W. Turner Esqr. R.A. | A | Engraved by R. Dunkarton | RISPAH | 2nd Book of Samuel, Chap. 21 | Published April 28. 1812, by J.M.W. Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alone | bodies | death | fire | hill | landscape | moon | mother | mourning | Old Testament | protecting | religious and mythological subject | riverbank | sackcloth | sacrifice | skeletons | sons | torch
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Rispah: 2nd Book of Samuel, Chap. 21, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.