Jonathan Shipley, Bishop of St. Asaph
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 8 7/8 × 6 3/8 inches (22.5 × 16.2 cm) and 5 9/16 × 4 5/8 inches (14.1 × 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.305"
Lettered, lower center: "JONATHAN SHIPLEY D D. | BISHOP of St. ASAPH. | Publish'd as the act directs April the 2nd 1792 by T Cadell Strand."; lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "T Trotter Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Shipley, Jonathan (1714-1788), Bishop of Llandaff and St. Asaph
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Trotter, ca. 1750–1803, British, Jonathan Shipley, Bishop of St. Asaph, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.