Reverend Jonathan Shipley, Bishop of St. Asaph
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 × 9 13/16 inches (35.2 × 24.9 cm), Image: 12 3/4 × 9 13/16 inches (32.4 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol. 6.P.205"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "N1540"
lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by J.R.Smith."; lettered, lower center: "The Rt: REVD. JOHNN. SHIPLEY BISHOP of ST. ASAPH | Pub'd 5 Feb'y 1777 by J.R.Smith, Batemans Buildings, Soho Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | bishop (prelate) | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Shipley, Jonathan (1714–1788), Bishop of Llandaff and St. Asaph
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Reverend Jonathan Shipley, Bishop of St. Asaph, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.