- Lady Charlotte Smith and her Children; George Henry, Louisa and Charlotte
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/16 inches (38.9 cm), Plate: 14 13/16 inches (37.6 cm), and Image: 11 5/16 inches (28.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.308"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engaved by F.Bartolozzi R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Lady Smith. | Tra Pensier vaghi, e paurosa Speme, | L'intenerito Cuor or gode or treme. | VINCENZO da FILICAJA. | Publish'd Mar.15.1789, by F.Bartolozzi & Co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Lady Charlotte Smith and her Children; George Henry, Louisa and Charlotte, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.