Lady Charles Spencer
- Additional Title(s):
Mary Spencer (née Beauclerk)
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 19 11/16 × 14 3/8 inches (50 × 36.5 cm), Image: 17 3/4 × 14 inches (45.1 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.312"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Dickinson."; lettered, lower center: "Lady Charles Spencer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hat | horse (animal) | portrait
- Associated People:
- Spencer (née Beauclerk), Lady Mary (1743–1812), daughter and heir of 1st Baron Vere; wife of Lord Charles Spencer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Lady Charles Spencer, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.