Lady Charles Spencer
- Additional Title(s):
Mary Spencer (née Beauclerk)
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 19 11/16 × 14 3/8 inches (50 × 36.5 cm) and Image: 17 3/4 × 14 inches (45.1 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.312"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Dickinson."; lettered, lower center: "Lady Charles Spencer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hat | portrait
- Associated People:
- Spencer (née Beauclerk), Lady Mary (1743-1812), daughter and heir of 1st Baron Vere; wife of Lord Charles Spencer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Lady Charles Spencer, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.