- Thomas Wentworth, 1st Earl of Strafford
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 10 × 6 1/4 inches (25.4 × 15.9 cm) and Image: 9 1/4 × 5 13/16 inches (23.5 × 14.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.321 B.1641"
Lettered, lower left: "Ant. Van Dyck pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "R.White Sculpsit."; lettered, lower center: "THOMAS EARLE OF STRAFFORDE | Viscount Wentworth Baron Wentworth of Wentworth, Wood: | -house Newmarch, Overley, & Raby, Ld.Lieutenant Generall, |and Generall Governor of the Kingdome of Ireland; and Ld. | President of ye Councill established in ye North parts of England | Ld. Lieutenant of ye County & City of York & one of his Maty. most Honble. | Privy Councel, and Knight of ye most Noble order of ye Garter | Printed for A.Mearne T.Dring B.Took T.Sawbridge and C.Mearne."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert White, 1645–1703, British, Thomas Wentworth, 1st Earl of Strafford, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.