Dr. John Thomas, Lord Bishop of Rochester
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 20 5/8 × 14 9/16 inches (52.4 × 37 cm), 19 15/16 × 13 7/8 inches (50.6 × 35.2 cm), and 17 3/4 × 13 13/16 inches (45.1 × 35.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.329"
Lettered, lower left: "Joshua Reynolds Eques Pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "Thomas Park Sculpsit."; lettered, lower center: "Dr: John Thomas, | LORD BISHOP of ROCHESTER, | Dean of Westminster and Dean of the most Honble. Order of the Bath. | London, Published Feby. 1st.1788 by T.Park No.22 Jermyn Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | bows | cathedral | pendant | portrait | religious and mythological subject | rope | scrolls (information artifacts) | tippet | wig | woman
- Associated People:
- Thomas, Dr. John (1712-1793), Bishop of Rochester
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Park, ca. 1760–1834, British, Dr. John Thomas, Lord Bishop of Rochester, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.