- Lieutenant Colonel Henry Townshend
- Mezzotint on thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/4 × 12 1/2 inches (43.8 × 31.8 cm), Plate: 15 1/2 × 11 inches (39.4 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 13 7/8 × 11 inches (35.2 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.334"
Lettered, lower center: "Lieutenant Colonel Henry Townshend | Died in the 26th Year of his Age (June 24th, 1762) of the Wounds which he received in the Battle fought | that day at Wilhelmstahl, between the Allied Army under the Command of H.S.H.Prince Ferdinand | of Brunswick & the Frnech Army, commanded by the marshalls d'Estrees and de Soubise."; lettered, lower right: "J.MArdell Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Lieutenant Colonel Henry Townshend, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.