- Joseph Warton, Master of Winchester College
- Mezzotint on moderatley thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/16 × 11 1/8 inches (38.6 × 28.3 cm), Plate: 15 × 11 inches (38.1 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 13 1/2 × 10 15/16 inches (34.3 × 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.345"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr.Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower center: "JOSEPH WARTON, D.D. | Master of Winchester College | London, Publish'd Decr.1st.1786, by W.Dickinson, Engraver, Bond Street."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by J.R.Smith."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Joseph Warton, Master of Winchester College, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.