Hon. James Yorke, Bishop of Ely
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 14 9/16 inches (52.1 × 37 cm), Plate: 19 15/16 × 13 15/16 inches (50.6 × 35.4 cm), Image: 17 1/2 × 13 7/8 inches (44.5 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.7 P.358"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Monier 1792"; lettered, lower center: "THE HONBLE. JAMES YORKE, D.D. | BISHOP OF ELY. | London Published Augst. 12 1810 by Mr. Colnaghi, Printseller, Cockspur Street, Hay Market."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by C. Turner"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | books | cathedral | curtain | man | portrait | quills | religious and mythological subject | tippet | window
- Associated People:
- Yorke, James (1730–1808), Bishop of Ely
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, Hon. James Yorke, Bishop of Ely, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.