Hon. James Yorke, Bishop of Ely
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 14 9/16 inches (52.1 × 37 cm), Plate: 19 15/16 × 13 15/16 inches (50.6 × 35.4 cm), and Image: 17 1/2 × 13 7/8 inches (44.5 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.7 P.358"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Monier 1792"; lettered, lower center: "THE HONBLE. JAMES YORKE, D.D. | BISHOP OF ELY. | London Published Augst. 12 1810 by Mr. Colnaghi, Printseller, Cockspur Street, Hay Market."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by C. Turner"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | books | cathedral | curtain | man | portrait | quills | tippet | window
- Associated People:
- Yorke, James (1730-1808), Bishop of Ely
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, Hon. James Yorke, Bishop of Ely, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.