The West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford:
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- 26 1/16 × 19 1/8 inches (66.2 × 48.6 cm), 25 9/16 × 18 3/4 inches (64.9 × 47.6 cm), and 24 5/16 × 18 3/16 inches (61.8 × 46.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds | Publish'd Septr 1st 1785, by John Boydell."; lettered, lower center: "THE WEST WINDOW OF THE CHAPEL, NEW COLLEGE OXFORD. | Painted on Glass by Mr. Jervaise. | To the Rev'd John Oglander, D.D.Warden, and to the Society of New College. | This PLATE is Dedicated by their Obliged humble Servant, John Boydell."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Richard Earlom. | Engraver in Cheapside, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | cattle | crosses | crowd | design | manger | pointed arches | religious and mythological subject | shepherds | window
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, The West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.