West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford, Angel Contemplating the Mystery of the Cross
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 19 7/8 × 24 3/4 inches (50.5 × 62.9 cm) and Image: 18 11/16 × 23 1/4 inches (47.5 × 59.1 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Publish'd Septr. 1st, 1785, by John Boydell, Engraver in Cheapside, London."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by G.S. &.J.G.Facius."; lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds | Drawn by Josiah Boydell."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | clouds | contemplation | cross (object) | light | religious and mythological subject | scroll | wings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Siegmund Facius, 1750–1804, West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford, Angel Contemplating the Mystery of the Cross, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.