- West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Shepherd Offering, Nativity Scene
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/4 × 21 1/16 inches (45.1 × 53.5 cm), Plate: 13 × 15 15/16 inches (33 × 40.5 cm), and Image: 10 1/2 × 14 3/8 inches (26.7 × 36.5 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower center: "The Shepherd's Offering | Pub'd Jan. 1, 1805, by BOYDELL, & Co. No.90. Cheapside, & at the Shakespeare Gallery, Pall Mall, London."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by G.S. & J.G.Facius"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | clouds | donkey | lamb | light | manger | Mary, Joseph and the new-born Christ (Nativity) | men | offering | pointing | praying | religious and mythological subject | shepherds
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Siegmund Facius, 1750–1804, West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Shepherd Offering, Nativity Scene, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.