West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Faith
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/8 × 18 1/4 inches (63.8 × 46.4 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 13 inches (50.5 × 33 cm), Image: 18 3/8 × 11 7/8 inches (46.7 × 30.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds | Drawn by Josiah Boydell"; lettered, lower center: "FAITH. | To the Rev'd John Oglander D.D. the Warden & to the Society of New College in Oxford | This Plate is Dedicated by their Obliged humble Servant John Boydell | Publidh'd Nov. 1st. 1781 by John Boydell Engraqver in Cheapside, London"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by G.S. & J.G.Faciius"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | clouds | cross (object) | faith | pedestal | praying | religious and mythological subject | sash | shawl | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Siegmund Facius, 1750–1804, West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Faith, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.