West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Hope
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/8 × 18 3/8 inches (63.8 × 46.7 cm), Plate: 19 3/4 × 13 1/8 inches (50.2 × 33.3 cm), Image: 18 1/4 × 11 7/8 inches (46.4 × 30.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds | Drawn by Josiah Boydell"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by G.S. & J.G. Facius"; lettered, lower center: "HOPE | To the Rev'd John Oglander D.D. the Warden, & to the Society of New College in Oxford | This Plate is Dedicated by their Obliged humble Servant John Boydell. | Publish'd Nov. 1, 1781 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | dress | hope | light | pedestal | religious and mythological subject | scarf | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Siegmund Facius, 1750–1804, West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Hope, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.