West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Justice
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/16 × 18 1/16 inches (63.7 × 45.9 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 12 7/8 inches (50.5 × 32.7 cm), Image: 18 3/8 × 11 13/16 inches (46.7 × 30 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds | Drawn by Josiah Boydell"; lettered, lower right: Engraved by G.S. & J.G. Fcius."; lettered, lower center: JUSTICE. | To the Rev'd, John Oglander D.D. the Warden & to the Society of New College in Oxford | This Plate is Dedicated by their Obliged humble Servant John Boydell | Publish'd June 1st 1782 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | balance | braids | clouds | justice | religious and mythological subject | sword | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Siegmund Facius, 1750–1804, West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Justice, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.