- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 7/8 × 19 1/8 inches (65.7 × 48.6 cm), Plate: 23 × 17 inches (58.4 × 43.2 cm), Image: 20 7/16 × 14 15/16 inches (51.9 × 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper center: [illegible writing]
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lowr right: "Engraved by J.Jones Engraver Extraordinary to HIs R.H. the | Prince of Wales, & Principal Engraver to His R.H. the Duke of York."; lettered, lower center: "To the Honorable and Right Rev'd Shute Lord Bishop of Durham, | this Plate of the Resurrection is with Permission | DEDICATED by his Lordship's most devoted & very humble Servant J.Jones. | Published as the Act directs, March 20th 1796 by J.Jones No.74, Great Portland Street, Portland Place."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- awe | cloak | crosses (objects) | halo | New Testament | night | religious and mythological subject | Resurrection of Christ | shields | soldiers | staff | weapons
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7–2 BC/BCE to 30–36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.