IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Moses in the Bulrushes [Reclining Child], 1786
Moses in the Bulrushes [Reclining Child]
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 17 5/8 inches (33.3 × 44.8 cm), Plate: 11 5/16 × 13 15/16 inches (28.7 × 35.4 cm), Image: 10 1/4 × 13 7/8 inches (26 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "IV 221"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.Dean."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd March 7th 1786, by J.Dean, No.12, [Benwick] Street, Soho."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blanket | bulrush | grass | infant | Moses (alone) in the bulrushes | reed | religious and mythological subject | river | riverbank | tree
- Associated Places:
- Egypt | Nile
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.