Moses in the Bulrushes [Reclining Child]
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 17 5/8 inches (33.3 × 44.8 cm), Plate: 11 5/16 × 13 15/16 inches (28.7 × 35.4 cm), and Image: 10 1/4 × 13 7/8 inches (26 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "IV 221"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.Dean."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd March 7th 1786, by J.Dean, No.12, [Benwick] Street, Soho."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blanket | bulrush | grass | infant | Moses (alone) in the bulrushes | reed | religious and mythological subject | river | riverbank | tree
- Associated Places:
- Egypt | Nile
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Moses in the Bulrushes [Reclining Child], 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.