- Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Section of Turret
- Pen and black ink, and purple wash applied with brush and pen on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 x 9 inches (38.4 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Section of Turret | Bishops Palace. | Wells"; center left: "cut on the Line H H"; in pen and black ink, upper left: "key stone"; in pen and black ink, center left: "String at M"; in pen and black ink, right, dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower right: "water tables | and string at K"; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; in graphite, lower right, calculations given; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "[Gt hall] | SW turret ^ Bishops Palace | Wells."; in pen and black ink, center left: "water tables | and strings | at L"; in pen and black ink, center right: "Pebble wall"; various inscriptions in graphite and pen and black ink throughout
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, center left: "AW Pugin 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | palace | sections | stairs | stone | turrets (towers) | water tables | well (container component)
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Section of Turret, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.