- Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Elevations of the Great Hall
- Pen and black and violet ink with graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 x 19 3/8 inches (39.1 x 49.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "North Elevation of the Great Hall Bishops Palace Wells."; in pen and black ink, center left: "East End"; in pen and black ink, center right: "West End"; in pen and black ink, throughout, elevations labeled and dimensions given; in graphite, lower right: "Torch"; in pen and red ink, center right: "Present level"; in pen and red ink, lower right: "Present level"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "AW Pugin 1832."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | elevations (drawings) | exterior | Gothic (Medieval) | great halls | palace | rubble | turrets (towers) | walls | windows
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Elevations of the Great Hall, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.