Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Elevation of Fireplace in Cloisters
- Part Of:
- Pen and black and violet ink with graphite and purple ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 9 7/8 x 15 1/4 inches (25.1 x 38.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Fire place now in Cloister Bishops Palace Wells."; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and red ink, upper right: "Section at | A"; in pen and red ink, lower right: "Seciton at B"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "AW Pugin 1832."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fireplaces | Gothic (Medieval) | palace | sections
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Elevation of Fireplace in Cloisters, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.