Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Plan and Details of Conduit in the Garden
- Part Of:
- Pen and black and violet ink with graphite and purple wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 1/2 x 14 15/16 inches (26.7 x 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Plan and Details | of Conduit in Bishops grounds | Wells"; in pen and black ink, center: "Plan cut through | window"; in pen and black ink, center: "tank"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Jamb of | window"; in pen adn black ink, lower right: "mould | under | [...]"; in pen and violet ink, upper center: "water tables | of Buttresses"; in pen and violet ink, upper right: "upper string"; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given and some calculations
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "FT Dollman Oct 2 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | conduits | jambs | plans (drawings) | water tables | windows
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Plan and Details of Conduit in the Garden, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.