George Inn, Glastonbury, Somerset: Front Elevation
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black and violet ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 x 29 inches (38.3 x 73.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Street Elevation George inn Glastonbury"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "No 1"; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "AW Pugin 1832 Oct."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Gothic (Medieval) | inns | pilasters | street elevations | windows
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, George Inn, Glastonbury, Somerset: Front Elevation, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.