Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: General Plan of Barn
- Part Of:
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 15 1/16 inches (26.8 x 38.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "General Plan of Bishops Barn | East Wells Somersetshire | A Beloe September 15. 1832"; center left: "West Front."; center (twice): "wood"; center right: "Stables"; in pen and black ink, upper right: " No 1"; erased graphite, center left: "[...] | General Plan of | Bishops Barn | East Wells Somersetshire | A Beloe September 1832 Plan cut at AA on Elevation | [...]"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right (as above): "A Beloe September 15. 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barns | Gothic (Medieval) | plans (drawings) | wood
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (A Beloe), Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: General Plan of Barn, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.