Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: General Plan of Barn
- Part Of:
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 15 1/16 inches (26.8 x 38.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "General Plan of Bishops Barn | East Wells Somersetshire | A Beloe September 15. 1832"; center left: "West Front."; center (twice): "wood"; center right: "Stables"; in pen and black ink, upper right: " No 1"; erased graphite, center left: "[...] | General Plan of | Bishops Barn | East Wells Somersetshire | A Beloe September 1832 Plan cut at AA on Elevation | [...]"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right (as above): "A Beloe September 15. 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barns | Gothic (Medieval) | plans (drawings) | wood
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (A Beloe), Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: General Plan of Barn, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.