Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation of Entrance Gateway
- Part Of:
- Graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 15 1/16 inches (27 x 38.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Arch of Entrance Gateway"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given; in graphite, upper left (twice): "Angle of Hexagon"; in graphite, upper left: "Spring of groining"; in graphite, right, calculations given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Tho.s L. Walker | Sep. 23. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | castle | gateway | Gothic (Medieval) | plans (drawings)
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation of Entrance Gateway, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.