Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation of Entrance Gateway
- Part Of:
- Graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 15 1/16 inches (27 x 38.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Arch of Entrance Gateway"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given; in graphite, upper left (twice): "Angle of Hexagon"; in graphite, upper left: "Spring of groining"; in graphite, right, calculations given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Tho.s L. Walker | Sep. 23. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | castle | gateway | Gothic (Medieval) | plans (drawings)
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation of Entrance Gateway, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.