Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Fireplace at Top of Great Staircase
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and red ink on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 15 1/16 inches (26.7 x 38.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Fireplace | at top of Great Staircase"; in pen and red ink, upper left: " No 20."; in graphite, upper right: "done"; in graphite, upper left: "Arch of small stones 1 foot high | Move this Stone"; in graphite, upper center: "angle window"; in graphite, lower left: "Plan of Jamb and | Base"; in graphite, lower center: "7 3/4 to base of | Fireplace"; in graphite, lower right: "Base at [?I]nge"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, upper right: "Tho.s L. Walker. | Sept. 22nd. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | fireplaces | Gothic (Medieval) | plans (drawings) | staircases
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Fireplace at Top of Great Staircase, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.