Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Fireplace at Top of Great Staircase
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and red ink on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 10 1/2 x 15 1/16 inches (26.7 x 38.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Fireplace | at top of Great Staircase"; in pen and red ink, upper left: " No 20."; in graphite, upper right: "done"; in graphite, upper left: "Arch of small stones 1 foot high | Move this Stone"; in graphite, upper center: "angle window"; in graphite, lower left: "Plan of Jamb and | Base"; in graphite, lower center: "7 3/4 to base of | Fireplace"; in graphite, lower right: "Base at [?I]nge"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, upper right: "Tho.s L. Walker. | Sept. 22nd. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | fireplaces | Gothic (Medieval) | plans (drawings) | staircases
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Fireplace at Top of Great Staircase, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.