Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: East Elevation of Hall
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 14 15/16 inches (26.4 x 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "East Elevation of Hall &c. towards Pitched Stone Court | Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire"; in pen and pink ink, upper left: "No 26"; in graphite, upper left: "No 26"; in graphite, upper right: "Done"; in graphite, lower center: "Stately Hall"; in graphite, lower center: "Porch to | the Hall"; in graphite, center, dimensions given and elevations labeled
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "FT Dollman | Sept 19. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | elevations (drawings) | Gothic (Medieval) | halls | plans (drawings)
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: East Elevation of Hall, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.