Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: East Elevation of Hall
- Part Of:
- Graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 14 15/16 inches (26.4 x 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "East Elevation of Hall &c. towards Pitched Stone Court | Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire"; in pen and pink ink, upper left: "No 26"; in graphite, upper left: "No 26"; in graphite, upper right: "Done"; in graphite, lower center: "Stately Hall"; in graphite, lower center: "Porch to | the Hall"; in graphite, center, dimensions given and elevations labeled
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "FT Dollman | Sept 19. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | elevations (drawings) | Gothic (Medieval) | halls | plans (drawings)
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: East Elevation of Hall, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.