- Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Details of Tracery and Sculpted Figures
- Graphite and pen and pink ink on moderately thick, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 15 inches (26.7 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Figures projecting above Machicoulis"; in pen and pink ink, lower left: "Done"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "No 18 X"; in graphite, upper left: "Tracery of Window Fountain Court"; in graphite, upper right: "Figure terminating | Label"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Benj.n Green | Sept 21st 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | architectural subject | dogs (animals) | Gothic (Medieval) | grotesques | heads | machicolations | people | plans (drawings) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (B Green), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Details of Tracery and Sculpted Figures, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.