Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Details of Tracery and Sculpted Figures
- Part Of:
Collective Title: [One of] Sixty-seven sheets of elevations, ground plans, and ornamentation from several Gothic structures. One loose drawing.
- Graphite and pen and pink ink on moderately thick, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 15 inches (26.7 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Figures projecting above Machicoulis"; in pen and pink ink, lower left: "Done"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "No 18 X"; in graphite, upper left: "Tracery of Window Fountain Court"; in graphite, upper right: "Figure terminating | Label"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Benj.n Green | Sept 21st 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | architectural subject | dogs (animals) | Gothic (Medieval) | grotesques | heads | machicolations | people | plans (drawings) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, (B Green), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Details of Tracery and Sculpted Figures, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.