- Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevations of Windows
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 15 inches (27 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire"; in graphite, lower left: "Windows at AA on Elevation | towards Base Court"; in graphite, left: "Exterior"; in graphite, left: "No glass line | visible"; in graphite, left: "6.7 1/2 thickness of wall'; in graphite, center: "Windows in | Hexagon Tower | towards the Base Court"; in graphite, lower right: "Windows & Loopholes | at B on Elevation"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Thos L Walker Sep 16th 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | courtyards | elevations (drawings) | exterior | Gothic (Medieval) | hexagon | loopholes | plans (drawings) | sections | tower (building division) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevations of Windows, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.