- Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Details of Entrance Gateway
- Graphite and pen and pink ink on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 x 10 5/8 inches (37.6 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Plan of Mouldings | of Archways | at | A A in plan of | Entrance Gateway"; in graphite, upper right: "Spring Line"; in graphite, upper right: "Shewing Capital"; in graphite, center right: "Shewing Bases"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and pink ink, upper right: "No 8 | no 4"; in pen and pink ink, lower left: "done"; in pen and pink ink, upper left: "Done"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Tho.s L Walker | Sep 16. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | archways | capitals | castle | columns (architectural elements) | gateways | Gothic (Medieval) | moulding | plans (drawings)
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Details of Entrance Gateway, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.