Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Cross Section of Entrance Gateway
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and pink ink on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 14 15/16 x 10 3/4 inches (37.9 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Transverse Section of Gateway on line BB on plan | looking towards Inner court"; in graphite, center: "Spring line"; in graphite, center: "42.4 from wall to wall"; in graphite, center: "Groining"; in graphite, center: "Broken away"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and pink ink, upper right: "No 5 | No 3"; in pen and pink ink, lower left: "done"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Tho.s L Walker | Sep 14. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | gateways | Gothic (Medieval) | plans (drawings) | sections | transverse sections
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Cross Section of Entrance Gateway, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.