Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation and Section of Fireplace in Ante Room
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and red ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 15 inches (27 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Elevation Section & parts | of Fireplace in Anteroom"; in pen and pink ink, upper left: "No 16x"; in graphite, lower center: "Plan of Jamb and Tracery | above Spring lines"; in graphite, upper right: "Done"; in graphite, center right: "Traceries seen | in front"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Thos L Walker | Sep 22nd. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anterooms | castle | elevations (drawings) | fireplaces | Gothic (Medieval) | jambs | plans (drawings) | tracery
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation and Section of Fireplace in Ante Room, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.