Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation and Section of Fireplace in Ante Room
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and pen and red ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 15 inches (27 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Elevation Section & parts | of Fireplace in Anteroom"; in pen and pink ink, upper left: "No 16x"; in graphite, lower center: "Plan of Jamb and Tracery | above Spring lines"; in graphite, upper right: "Done"; in graphite, center right: "Traceries seen | in front"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Thos L Walker | Sep 22nd. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anterooms | architectural subject | castle | elevations (drawings) | fireplaces | Gothic (Medieval) | jambs | plans (drawings) | tracery
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation and Section of Fireplace in Ante Room, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.