Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Plan of Entrance Gateway
- Part Of:
Collective Title: [One of] Sixty-seven sheets of elevations, ground plans, and ornamentation from several Gothic structures. One loose drawing.
- Graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 3/4 inches (37.5 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Plan of Entrance Gateway | Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire"; in pen and red ink, upper right: "No 3 | no 1"; in pen and pink ink, upper left: "Done"; lower left: "Done"; in graphite, upper left: "Mouldings of Doorway at B"; in graphite, upper center: "Court Yard"; in graphite, lower center: "Base Court"; in graphite, center (twice): "B"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "FT Dollman | Sept 15. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | courtyards | gateways | Gothic (Medieval) | moulding | plans (drawings) | sections
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Plan of Entrance Gateway, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.