Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Plan of Entrance Gateway
- Part Of:
- Graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 3/4 inches (37.5 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Plan of Entrance Gateway | Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire"; in pen and red ink, upper right: "No 3 | no 1"; in pen and pink ink, upper left: "Done"; lower left: "Done"; in graphite, upper left: "Mouldings of Doorway at B"; in graphite, upper center: "Court Yard"; in graphite, lower center: "Base Court"; in graphite, center (twice): "B"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "FT Dollman | Sept 15. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | courtyards | gateways | Gothic (Medieval) | moulding | plans (drawings) | sections
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Plan of Entrance Gateway, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.