- Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Plan of Entrance Gateway
- Graphite and pen and pink ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 14 15/16 inches (27.6 x 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1/8 inch to a foot | Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Plan of frontage of | Entrance Gateway"; in pen and red ink, upper right: "No 1 | no 1"; in graphite, center left: "Barbican"; in graphite, left: "Fireplace"; in graphite, left: "these lines parallel"; in graphite, center: "Towers"; in graphite, right: "Great Hexagon Tower | Arched"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Walker | Sept 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barbicans | castle | frontages | Gothic (Medieval) | hexagons | plans (drawings) | towers (building divisions)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Plan of Entrance Gateway, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.