Interior of a Church
- Part Of:
- Gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 × 10 1/2 inches (34.6 × 26.7 cm), Image: 12 1/4 × 10 1/2 inches (31.1 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[...] [di Fratti] | [at Venice]"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "I/51"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aisles | altar | apse | architectural subject | archway | Christianity | church | clerestory | columns | crucifix | font (religious building fixture) | nave | ornament | pedestals | praying | religious and mythological subject | stairs | statues | vaulted ceilings | veils | visitors | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Interior of a Church, 1802-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.