- A Village About Six Miles from Messina Towards Calanca
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 11/16 × 7 5/8 inches (11.9 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "May 4th A Village abt. 6 miles from Messina towards Calanca."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Part of the town of Messina as it remaines now | showing the effects of the Earthquake in 1783-"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "II/13"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, A Village About Six Miles from Messina Towards Calanca, 1802-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.