- Adrianus Brauwer, Gryllorum Pictor Antuerpiæ
- Stipple engraving and line engraving, (4th state) on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 × 11 1/4 inches (40.3 × 28.6 cm), Plate: 9 9/16 × 6 5/16 inches (24.3 × 16 cm), and Image: 8 5/8 × 6 1/4 inches (21.9 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W.21.(4th state) before G.H"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "C"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "ex. c.24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Inscription different | intermediate state before G.H."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4th state | Extremely Rare | Watermark = 3b 1640-50 | Vienna 1919 80k"
Collector's mark: "G.A.C." Watermark: Foolscap Collector's mark: "RB"
Lettered, lower center: "ADRIANUS BRAUWER | GRYLLORUM PICTOR ANTUERPIÆ."; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxit | S.a Bolswert Sculp."; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Schelte A. Bolswert, 1586–1659, Dutch, Adrianus Brauwer, Gryllorum Pictor Antuerpiæ, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.