- Ruins of Messenia Near Sparta
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 1/4 inches (22.5 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Ruins of [Mysene] | near Sparta"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "II/51"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Ruins of Messenia Near Sparta, 1802-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.