- Ancient Greek Inscriptions, Found on the Road Between Mystras and Leontari
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on thin, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 4 7/16 inches (18.4 × 11.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "1:1 1/2 | Found on the road between Misistra and | Leondari, ab. 5 or 6 miles from the | former town-- | June-1803.-"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "II/55"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Ancient Greek Inscriptions, Found on the Road Between Mystras and Leontari, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.