- Cave of Trophonius
- Gray wash and graphite on thin, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 15 1/16 inches (23.7 × 38.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Cave of Trophanius"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "III/37"
Watermark: "G. Pike | 1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | architectural subject | buildings | cave | horses (animals) | landscape | mountain | people | religious and mythological subject | rocks | ruins | stairs
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Cave of Trophonius, 1802-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.