- Remains of the Temple of Aphaea, Island of Aigina
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and brown ink on thin, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 9 9/16 inches (38.1 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Remains of teh Temple of Jupiter Panhellenius - | Island of Agina -"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "III/47"; Various number, formulas, and notations, throughout the sheet
Watermark: "G Pike | 1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Remains of the Temple of Aphaea, Island of Aigina, 1802-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.