Sketch of the Temple of Asclepius at Agrigento, Sicily
- Former Title(s):
Sketch of an Ancient Building, in Ruin
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 × 8 15/16 inches (29.4 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "III/64"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Agrigento | Italy | Sicily | Temple of Asclepius | Temple of Concordia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Sketch of the Temple of Asclepius at Agrigento, Sicily, 1802-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.